Friday, December 30, 2011

Paleo/Caveman Diet in the Military

PALEO/CAVEMAN is actually a pretty simple diet/lifestyle. It includes MEATS, VEGETABLES, and FRUITS. Its cuts out WHEATS, GRAINS, STARCHES,and DAIRY. I got started on this diet by my section OIC and then I read The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf. Being in the Army sometimes makes following the Paleo diet a little tricky especially for deployed and/or traveling soldiers.
Robb Wolf says that by following the diet 80% of the way, you will have about 95% results.  I have been paleo dieting about 80% since starting this diet whle deployed in September 2011. Now you may be asking yourself how can someone follow a diet plan at 85% and still get almost the same exact results. It is pretty simple. First I eat meat, vegetables and fruits.  My downfall is that my meats are not grass fed meats.
     For me this will be a very interesting journey as I am 14 year military, currently an online student with Cal U BS- Sport Mangmnt(Health Wellness)and also a caveman diet plan guy…..stay tuned as I start this new journey of blogging, going to school and bringing everything to light for fellow military civilians alike.

How will your journey begin?

No comments:

Post a Comment