Thursday, January 5, 2012

Paleo and Couponing

Well last night my wife cooked another awesome meal.  We ate steak stir fry, with garlic, green peppers and onions cooked in olive oil oil. We also had asparagus and home made trail mix that consisted of walnuts, almonds, dried cranberries, blueberries, apples and apricots.  The best thing is my wife is what you would call an coupon extremist so we only spent a little over $8.00 for all of that plus squash, zuchinni, cabbage, potatoes and other vegetables.  So far, this diet has fit in to our budget and hopefully it will continue to stay that way.  Now I am not the expert on couponing so I am not going to go into great deal of length on that, but having a wife that is awesome at it and also teaches classes on couponing is an awesome thing.  Slowly but surely my little family is jumping on the Paleo ban wagon.  It is an awesome sight to see my girls want fruit or trail mix, instead of pop tarts and other sugar filled snacks that they have been use to eating.

2 comments:

  1. I am soo excited you guys are doing this!! I was hoping you two would get on a blog about it with the couponing! I will FOR SURE be following this! YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very nice and respectable. I hope you haven't given up the paleo diet! :)

    ReplyDelete